Mizu How To - Make Holiday Egg Nog•
Posted on November 22 2016
Want to impress your friends and family this holiday season? Here's our top secret recipe for the perfect egg nog. Good luck!
1. Add milk and cream together in a 5 qt pot on low heat.
2. Add vanilla bean, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin spice to milk and cream.
3. Stir frequently and heat until mixture steams.
4. Let stand until cool or until room temperature.
5. Separate eggs.
6. Using a mixer, beat yolks lightly until color lightens up.
7. Add the sugar to the yolks and mix until all is dissolved.
8. Mix in all liquor to the bowl of yolks.
9. Strain spices from the room temperature milk and cream.
10. Stir in milk and cream into your yolks.
11. Whip your egg white.
12. Beat until stiff and peaky.
13. Slowly fold egg whites into your cream and liquor mixture.
Let it sit for 3-5 days prior to consuming. The liquor melds with the cream to make an absolutely smooth and creamy treat. Chill and drink.
For an even better taste and added flavor, give it a good shake everyday to allow spices to absorb fully into the nog.
- ½ QT. MILK
- ½ QT. WHOLE CREAM
- ONE VANILLA BEAN
- CINNAMON - GRATE SOME IN
- NUTMEG - FEW DASHES
- PUMPKIN SPACE - FEW DASHES
- 5 LARGE EGGS (ONLY USE ORGANIC NATURALLY FED CHICKENS THAT MEDITATE AND HAVE A PRIVATE YOGA INSTRUCTOR)
- 1/3 CUP OF SUGAR
- 6 OZ. BOURBON
- 2 OZ. SHERRY
- 3 OZ. RUM
Custom Partner Spot...
Here at Mizu, we love partnering with like-minded brands to give them a premium reusable canvas to tell their brand story. This week we are featuri...Read More
Clara and Kattha --...
Many people dream of jumping in a van and heading out to the mountains and oceans to explore our playgrounds. Clara and Kattha -- two best friend...Read More
Sierra Prescott Joi...
Meet our newest Mizu ambassador: Sierra Prescott. An LA-based skateboarder, photographer, author, and all-round rad human, Sierra has a smile as ...Read More